How to start page number at 2 (or different number) in Excel?
The page numbers begin at 1 by default in Excel. However, for example, there has already been a cover page, and you want to start the page number at 2 in your worksheet, how could you solve it? In this article, I will introduce the solution to insert page numbers starting at 2 or any different numbers in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This method will guide you to insert page numbers which are starting at 2 or any different number in a worksheet. Please do as follows:
1. Enable the specified worksheet you will insert page numbers, and click Insert > Header & Footer. See screenshot:
2. Go ahead to click Design > Page Number. See screenshot:
Now the page numbers are inserted at the header.
3. Click out the header box, and then click the anchor at the bottom-right corner of the Page Setup group on the Page Layout tab. See screenshot:
4. In the popping Page Setup dialog box, under Page tab, please type 2 or any different number in the First page number box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the page numbers start at 2 or any different number as you specified in the specified worksheet.