- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi sam,
Please try as follows.
1. Turn on the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode.
2. Right click the command button and select View Code in the context menu;
3. Assign your macro between line Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() and End Sub;
4. Turn off the Design Mode
Hope I can help.
How to make Command Button name dynamic in Excel?
This article is talking about making the name of a Command button changed dynamically with a specified cell value changes. For example, when value in cell A1 has been changed to “test”, the name of a certain Command button will be changed to “test” automatically.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code can help you make the name of a command button dynamic with a specified cell value in a worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Click Developer > Insert > Command Button (ActiveX Control) to insert a command button into the worksheet. See screenshot:
2. After inserting the command button, right click the sheet tab and click View Code from the right-clicking menu as below screenshot shown:
3. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy and paste below VBA code into the window.
VBA code: Make Command Button name dynamic with cell value
Dim xStr As String Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim xShapeRg As ShapeRange On Error Resume Next If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Me.CommandButton1.Caption = Target.Text Set xShapeRg = ActiveSheet.Shapes.Range(xStr) If xShapeRg Is Nothing Then Set xShapeRg = ActiveSheet.Shapes.Range("CommandButton1") Application.EnableEvents = False xShapeRg.Select Application.EnableEvents = True Selection.Name = Target.Text End If End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If (Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing) And Target.Text <> "" Then xStr = Target.Text End If End Sub
Note: in the code, CommandButton1 is the name of the button you want to make its name dynamic, and A1 is the cell which you will reference the value to the button name automatically.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Turn off the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode.
From now on, the name of the Command Button will be changed dynamically with the specified cell value in your worksheet.
As below screenshot shown, when the value of cell A1 has been changed, the name of the command button will be changed to the same value automatically.
- How to use Command Button to save active worksheet as PDF file in Excel?
- How to insert a blank new row automatically by Command Button in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCan anyone suggest how I would extend the VBA to additionally assign a macro to the command button so clicking the command button would execute a macro associated with the command button name? For example, after renaming the command button to "XYZ", also assign the macro named "XYZ" to the command button click event. Thank you for any help.