How to get the cell value based on row and column numbers in Excel?
This article, I will talk about how to find and get the cell value based on row and column numbers in Excel worksheet.
To extract the cell value based row and column numbers, the following formula can do you a favor.
Please enter this formula: =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(F1,F2)), and press Enter key to get the result, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, F1 and F2 indicate the row number and column number, you can change them to your need.
Here, a User Defined Function also can help you finish this task, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module window.
VBA: Get cell value based on row and column numbers:
Function GetValue(row As Integer, col As Integer) GetValue = ActiveSheet.Cells(row, col) End Function
3. Then save and close the code window, go back to the worksheet, and enter this formula: =getvalue(6,3) into a blank cell to get the specific cell value, see screenshot:
Note: In this formula, 6 and 3 are the row and column numbers, please change them as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!