How to add comment to a data point in an Excel chart?
For example, you have created a column chart as below screenshot shown. Now you want to add a comment for a certain data point in the chart, how could you handle it? Here, in this article, I will show you the detailed steps to add a comment to a data point in an Excel chart easily.
This method will guide you to add a comment to a data point in an existing Excel chart. Please do as follows:
1. Click twice to select the specified data point, right-click it, and then select Add Data Label > Add Data Label in the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Now the data label is added above the specified data point. Please drag the data label to the proper place as you need.
3. Right-click the data label and select Change Data Label Shape in the context menu, and then click a shape from the submenu. See screenshot:
4. Type the comment content in the data label shape as you need.
Now you will see a comment is added for the specified data point in the existing chart. See screenshot:
Note: This method works well in Excel 2013 and 2016.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)