How to highlight winning lottery numbers in Excel worksheet?
To check a ticket if winning the lottery numbers, you can check it one by one number. But, if there are multiple tickets need to be checked, how could you solve it quickly and easily? This article, I will talk about highlighting the winning lottery numbers to check if win the lottery as below screenshot shown.
The normal Conditional Formatting feature can help you to deal with this task as quickly as you can. Please do the following steps:
1. Select the lottery numbers of the tickets, and then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format option in the Select a Rule Type list box, and then enter this formula: =COUNTIF($B$2:$G$2,B6)>=1 into the Format values where this formula is true text box, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, B2:G2 is the range contains the winning lottery numbers, and B6 is the first cell of the ticket numbers you want to highlight the winning numbers. Please change them to your own.
3. Then click Format button to go to the Format Cells dialog box, under the Fill tab, please select a color to highlight the winning lottery numbers, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and now, the winning lottery numbers have been highlighted as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!