How to combine three cells to create date in Excel?
In this case, the day, month and year are in three columns separately, how can you combine the cells to create a standard date as below screenshot shown? Here, I introduce sme ways to quickly deal with this job in Excel worksheet.
|With Kutools for Excel's Combine Columns and Rows utility, you can quickly combine multuple cells based on row/column and separated by comma or space, or combine a range of cells into a single cell with specific separator.
For instance, here I do thses operations: (1.)Select Select Combine columns under To combine selected cells according to following options; (2.)Specify a separator for the combined data, here I select Space; (3.))Specify the cell you want to place your combined result; (4.)Specify how you want to deal with the combined cells.
Here is a formula that can quickly combine cells to a date.
Select a cell that you will place the date, type this formula =DATE(A2,B2,C2) ,A2, B2 and C2 are the cells you need to combine, press Enter key, and drag fill handle down to the cells which need to combine to dates.
Tip: if the year is not complete, you can use this formula =DATE(20&A2,B2,C2).
If you cannot remember the formula, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Combine function to easily combine cells into dates.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you want to combine, click Kutools > Combine.
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog, please:
Check the Combine columns option;
Check the Other separator option and type / into the beside textbox;
Specify the place in the Place the results to section;
Check one option you want the result show in the Options section.
3. Click Ok, the cells have been combined to dates.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...