How to quickly generate random password in Excel?
Sometimes, we may want to create random passwords to protect some important thing. But do you have any tricks to quickly generate random password in Excel? Here, I have some methods that can handle it in Excel worksheet.
Here I introduce three formulas to generate a different random password for you.
Alphanumeric random password
Select the cell you want to place the random password, type this formula =CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90))&CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90))&RANDBETWEEN(10,99), and press Enter key. Then you will get a string with 4 digits, the first two are alpha characters, and the last two are numbers.
Tip: In the formula, CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90)) can get one alpha character, RANDBETWEEN(10,99) can get a two-digit number, you can change the formula combination to your need. For instance, 6 digit alphanumeric password, use this formula =CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90))&CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90))&RANDBETWEEN(100,999)&CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90)).
Alpha character random password
Select a cell to type this formula =CHAR(RANDBETWEEN(65,90)), then drag fill handle to right or down to fill the cells you need, for instance, fill other three cells if you need 4-digit alpha character. See screenshot:
Numeric character random password
Select a cell to type this formula =RANDBETWEEN(100000,999999)，and press Enter key. A 6-digit number string has been displayed.
Note: With above formulas to get the random password, the password will be changed while refreshing the sheet each time.
If you want to keep the random password no change, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Insert Random Data utility, which can insert any random data as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a range you want to insert random data, click Kutools > Insert > Insert Random Data.
2. In the Insert Random Data dialog, under String tab, check the character types you want to use in the password, and check String length and type the length number you want into the textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and the random passwords have been inserted without changing while refresh.
With Insert Random Data utility, you also can insert random whole numbers, random dates and time, random custom list.
Quickly Sort or select cells/Rows/Columns randomly from a selection in Excel
|Kutools for Excel's Sort Range Randomly can quickly sort or select data randomly by cells or columns or rows. Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!