How to check if textboxes in userform are empty or not in Excel?
If you want to check if textboxes in a specified userfom are empty or not in Excel, the method in this article can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The below VBA code can help you to check if all textboxes in a specified userform are empty or not in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the code window.
VBA code: Check if textboxes in userform are empty or not
Sub CheckTextBox() Dim fTextBox As Object Dim xTxtName As String Dim xEptTxtName As String For Each fTextBox In UserForm1.Controls If TypeName(fTextBox) = "TextBox" Then If fTextBox.Text = "" Then xEptTxtName = xEptTxtName & fTextBox.Name & " is empty" & vbNewLine Else xTxtName = xTxtName & fTextBox.Name & " is not empty" & vbNewLine End If End If Next If xEptTxtName <> "" Or xTxtName <> "" Then MsgBox xEptTxtName & vbNewLine & xTxtName End If End Sub
Note: In the code, UserForm1 is the name of the userform which contains the textboxes you will check.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. Then a Microsoft Excel dialog box pops up to tell you which textbox is empty and which is not empty as below screenshot shown.
- How to check if first character in a cell is a letter or number in Excel?
- How to check if a cell value is between two values in Excel?
- How to format a textbox as a percentage in Excel?
- How to auto select text of a textbox when it is selected in Excel?