How to check if textboxes in userform are empty or not in Excel?
If you want to check if textboxes in a specified userfom are empty or not in Excel, the method in this article can help you.
The below VBA code can help you to check if all textboxes in a specified userform are empty or not in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the code window.
VBA code: Check if textboxes in userform are empty or not
Sub CheckTextBox() Dim fTextBox As Object Dim xTxtName As String Dim xEptTxtName As String For Each fTextBox In UserForm1.Controls If TypeName(fTextBox) = "TextBox" Then If fTextBox.Text = "" Then xEptTxtName = xEptTxtName & fTextBox.Name & " is empty" & vbNewLine Else xTxtName = xTxtName & fTextBox.Name & " is not empty" & vbNewLine End If End If Next If xEptTxtName <> "" Or xTxtName <> "" Then MsgBox xEptTxtName & vbNewLine & xTxtName End If End Sub
Note: In the code, UserForm1 is the name of the userform which contains the textboxes you will check.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. Then a Microsoft Excel dialog box pops up to tell you which textbox is empty and which is not empty as below screenshot shown.
- How to check if first character in a cell is a letter or number in Excel?
- How to check if a cell value is between two values in Excel?
- How to format a textbox as a percentage in Excel?
- How to auto select text of a textbox when it is selected in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!