How to lookup a value in 3D table in Excel?
The Lookup function is usually used to look up for a value based on one or multiple criteria, but if there are a 3D table in Excel sheet, and how can you find the crossable result based on the criteria by Lookup function as below screenshot shown?
To find a value based on criteria in a 3D table, you just need two formulas.
1. Firstly, you need one helper column with one formula to connect criteria 1 and 2. Insert one column after column B, type this formula =A3&B3 in cell C3, and then drag fill handle over the cells which need this formula.
In the formula, A2 and B3 are the criteria 1 and 2 in the 3D table.
2. Then in a blank cell, type this formula =P2&P3, in the formula, P2 and P3 are the criteria 1 and 2 you want to lookup for a value based on.
3. Then in the cell you want to place the result, type this formula =INDEX(D2:L12,MATCH(O6,C2:C12,0),MATCH(P4,D2:L2,0)) , press Enter key.
In the formula, D2:L12 are the cells which you want to get result from, and O6 is the connection of criteria 1 and 2 you have displayed in step2, C2:C12 is the range contains the first formula, P4 is the criteria 3, D2:L2 is the cells contain criteria 3.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!