How to lookup a value in 3D table in Excel?
The Lookup function is usually used to look up for a value based on one or multiple criteria, but if there are a 3D table in Excel sheet, and how can you find the crossable result based on the criteria by Lookup function as below screenshot shown?
Easily Combine multiple sheets/Workbook into one Single sheet or Workbook
|To combinne multiples sheets or workbooks into one sheet or workbook may be edious in Excel, but with the Combine function in Kutools for Excel, you can combine merge dozens of sheets/workbooks into one sheet or workbook, also, you can consolidate the sheets into one by several clicks only. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
To find a value based on criteria in a 3D table, you just need two formulas.
1. Firstly, you need one helper column with one formula to connect criteria 1 and 2. Insert one column after column B, type this formula =A3&B3 in cell C3, and then drag fill handle over the cells which need this formula.
In the formula, A2 and B3 are the criteria 1 and 2 in the 3D table.
2. Then in a blank cell, type this formula =P2&P3, in the formula, P2 and P3 are the criteria 1 and 2 you want to lookup for a value based on.
3. Then in the cell you want to place the result, type this formula =INDEX(D2:L12,MATCH(O6,C2:C12,0),MATCH(P4,D2:L2,0)) , press Enter key.
In the formula, D2:L12 are the cells which you want to get result from, and O6 is the connection of criteria 1 and 2 you have displayed in step2, C2:C12 is the range contains the first formula, P4 is the criteria 3, D2:L2 is the cells contain criteria 3.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...