How to VLOOKUP then multiply in Excel tables?
Here, I have two tables in an Excel sheet, one is the table about the rule between profit rate and sales of each product, the other contains the real sales of products. In the rule table, the more sales are, the much higher the profit rate you will get. Now I want to calculate the profit rate and profit of each product in the table list as below screenshot shown in Excel.
Easily Combine multiple sheets/Workbook into one Single sheet or Workbook
|To combinne multiples sheets or workbooks into one sheet or workbook may be edious in Excel, but with the Combine function in Kutools for Excel, you can combine merge dozens of sheets/workbooks into one sheet or workbook, also, you can consolidate the sheets into one by several clicks only. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
To handle this job, I will use VLOOKUP or INDEX function.
1. Select a cell next to the real sales of products, type this formula =VLOOKUP(B3,$A$14:$E$16,MATCH(C3,$A$13:$E$13),0), press Enter key, and drag fill handle over the cells you want to calculate the profit rate. See screenshot:
In the formulas, B3 and C3 are criterion 1 and 2 you lookup based on, A14:E16 and A13:E13 are ranges containing the two criteria.
2. Then in the next column, type this formula =D3*C3, and drag fill handle over the cells you use to calculate profit. See screenshot:
You also can use INDEX function =INDEX($B$14:$E$16,MATCH(B3,$A$14:$A$16,0),MATCH(C3,$B$13:$E$13)) to find the relative profit rate.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...