How to VLOOKUP then multiply in Excel tables?
Here, I have two tables in an Excel sheet, one is the table about the rule between profit rate and sales of each product, the other contains the real sales of products. In the rule table, the more sales are, the much higher the profit rate you will get. Now I want to calculate the profit rate and profit of each product in the table list as below screenshot shown in Excel.
Lookup then multiple based on criteria
Lookup then multiply based on criteria
To handle this job, I will use VLOOKUP or INDEX function.
1. Select a cell next to the real sales of products, type this formula =VLOOKUP(B3,$A$14:$E$16,MATCH(C3,$A$13:$E$13),0), press Enter key, and drag fill handle over the cells you want to calculate the profit rate. See screenshot:
In the formulas, B3 and C3 are criterion 1 and 2 you lookup based on, A14:E16 and A13:E13 are ranges containing the two criteria.
2. Then in the next column, type this formula =D3*C3, and drag fill handle over the cells you use to calculate profit. See screenshot:
You also can use INDEX function =INDEX($B$14:$E$16,MATCH(B3,$A$14:$A$16,0),MATCH(C3,$B$13:$E$13)) to find the relative profit rate.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!