How to send an email at specific time of a day in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to delay sending an email at a specific time during your work. Do you know how to achieve this? This article is going to show you a method of sending an email at the specific time of a day in Excel.
The following VBA codes can help you send an email at the specific time of a day in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code 1: Send an email at specific time of a day in Excel
Sub SendEmail() 'Updated by Extendoffice 2018/3/5 Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.application") Set objMail = olApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objMail .Display .To = "Email address" .Subject = "Send email" 'HTML for fun '.BodyFormat = olFormatHTML .HTMLBody = "<HTML><H2>Email Body</BODY></HTML>" '.Send End With End Sub
3. Double click ThisWorkbook in the left pane to open the ThisWorkbook (Code) window. And then copy below VBA code 2 into the window. See screenshot:
VBA code 2: Send an email at specific time of a day in Excel
Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'Updated by Extendoffice 2018/3/5 Application.OnTime TimeValue("11:00:00"), "SendEmail" End Sub
Note: In the code 2, please specify the sending time as you need.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Click File > Save As > Browse.
6. In the Save As dialog box, pleas choose a folder to save the workbook, name it as you need, select Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook format from the Save as type drop-down list, and finally click the Save button. See screenshot:
From now on, as soon as the specific time arriving, the certain email will display automatically. Please click the Send button to send this email.
- How to automatically send email based on cell value in Excel?
- How to insert signature into Outlook email when sending by vba in Excel?
- How to send email with HTML email body in Excel?
- How to send email with specified bold/size/color/underline text format in Excel?
- How to send email without Outlook in Excel?
- How to send a specific chart in an email with vba in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!