How to display images from a range of file paths in Excel?
If you have a list of image file paths, now, you want to display the corresponding images in adjacent column based on the file paths to get the following screenshot result. How could you solve this job in Excel quickly and easily?
Here, I can introduce a VBA code to help you, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Display images from a range of file paths:
Sub InsertPicFromFile() Dim xRg As Range Dim xCell As Range Dim xVal As String On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select file path cells:", "KuTools for Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xCell In xRg xVal = xCell.Value If xVal <> "" Then ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddPicture xCell.Value, msoFalse, msoTrue, _ xCell.Offset(0, 1).Left, xCell.Top, xCell.Height, _ xCell.Height End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. After inserting the above code, please press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box is popped out to remind you select the cells of the file path, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, all images based on corresponding file paths have been displayed into next column as following screenshot shown:
Sometimes, you may need to display images from a range of file names, Kutools for Excel’s Match Import Pictures feature can do you a favor.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the file name cells, and then click Kutools Plus > Import / Export > Match Import Pictures, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out Match Import Pictures dialog box, click Add > Folder to select the folder where your images locate, see screenshot:
3. After inserting the pictures into the dialog box, you can see all corresponding images are displayed as following screenshot shown:
4. Then click Import size button to go to the Import Picture Size dialog box, in this dialog, please choose the picture size as you need, see screenshot:
5. And then click Ok to close the dialog, return to the Match Import Pictures dialog, please click Import button, and a prompt box is popped out to remind you selecting a cell where to put the image, see screenshot:
6. Click OK, and all the corresponding pictures based on the cell values have been inserted into the cells, see screenshot: