How to reverse order of items in an Excel chart legend?
For example you have a sales table and created a stacked bar chart based on it as below screenshot shown. As you see, the chart shows the January sales first, then the February sales, and at last the March sales. But now you need to reverse the order of months, how could you solve it? This article will introduce the solution about reversing the order of legend items in a stacked bar chart in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To reverse the order of legend items in a stacked bar chart in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Right click the chart, and click Select Data in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Data Source dialog box, please go to the Legend Entries (Series) section, select the first legend (Jan in my case), and click the Move Down button to move it to the bottom.
3. Repeat the above step to move the originally second legend to the second last, and the original third one will be moved to the first automatically, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the orders of legend items are reversed. See screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThat isnt really reversing the order of items in the legend - it is reversing the items on the chart - which then reverses the legend. What if the chart is right but the legend is wrong ?