How to change X axis in an Excel chart?
For example you have created a chart as below screenshot shown. Now you need to change the X axis, how could you quickly handle it? This article will show you the easy way.
Please follow below steps to change the X axis in an Excel chart.
1. Right click the chart whose X axis you will change, and click Select Data in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Data Source dialog box, please click the Edit button in the Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels section. See screenshot:
3. In the Axis Labels dialog box, please change the axis by selecting a new cell range as you need in the Axis label range box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK button in the Select Data Source dialog box.
Now you will see the X axis labels are changed. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)