How to highlight rows based on date in Goolge sheet?
This article, I will talk about how to highlight rows or cells based on date in Google sheet and Excel worksheet.
To highlight rows if date is today, you should apply the below formula into the Conditional formatting, please do as this:
1. Click Format > Conditional formatting, see screenshot:
2. In the Conditional format rules pane, please do the below operations:
(1.) Select the data range that you want to use in the Apply to range test box;
(2.) Choose Custom formula is from the Format cells if drop down list, and type this formula: =$A$2:$A$16 = today() into the text box;
(3.) At last, select a formatting you want to use from the Formatting style section;
(4.) And you can see all the rows which date is today is highlighted, click Close button to close the pane.
If you need to highlight the cells if date is between two specific date, the below steps may help you:
1. In the Conditional format rules pane, do the following operations:
(1.) Select the data range that you want to use in the Apply to range text box;
(2.) Choose is between from the Format cells if drop down list, and then enter the two specific date which you want to use;
(3.) Then choose a formatting under the Formatting style section. And you can see the cells which is between the two dates have been highlighted as following screenshot shown:
2. Then click Close button to exit the pane.
In Excel worksheet, you can also finish this job by using Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the data range that you want to highlight the cells or rows based on date, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell or Entire row from the Selection type section as you need, and then check And checkbox, and choose Greater than and Less than from the Specific type drop down list, then enter the specific two dates you need, and then click Ok button, and all rows which meet the criteria have been selected at once, see screenshot:
3. Then, you can shade the selected rows with a background color under Home tab as you need, see screenshot: