How to add or subtract specific years, months and days(2years4months13days) to a date in Excel?
In Excel, we usually add or subtract years, months or days separately to a date as below screenshot 1 shown, but have you tried to add/subtract years, ,months and days at once time to the date as screenshot 2 shown? In this article, I introduce formulas for handling the questions in above two cases in Excel.
To add or subtract years/months/days separately to a date, you just need to select one of formulas below:
Add one year =DATE(YEAR(Date)+1,MONTH(Date),DAY(Date))
Subtract one year =DATE(YEAR(Date)-1,MONTH(Date),DAY(Date))
Add two months =EDATE((date),2)
Subtract two months =EDATE((date),-2)
Add three days =(Date)+3
Subtract three days =(Date)-3
If you want to add specific years, months and days to a date at the same time, use this formula:
Add 1 year 2 months 3 days =DATE(YEAR(Date)+1,MONTH(Date)+2,DAY(Date)+3)
Subtract 1 year 2 months 3 days =DATE(YEAR(Date)-1,MONTH(Date)-2,DAY(Date)-3)
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can apply its add years/months/days/weeks formula group to handle the problem in Excel as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Add years/month/days/weeks/times separately
1. Select a cell that you want to place the result, click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time helper.
2. In the Date & Time Helper dialog, choose one calculation option you need, then select the date you use to calculate, and type the number of years, months, days you want to add or subtract.
3. Click Ok, the date has been added or subtracted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!