How to filter data based on the font size in Excel?
In Excel, we can apply the Filter function to filter data based on some criteria, for example, filter numbers which are smaller than or bigger than a certain value, filter data by a certain value, and so on. But have you ever tried to filter data based on the font size? In this article, I introduce the method to filter data based on certain font size.
There is no direct way to filter data by font size, but you can add the font color to the data you want to filter firstly, and then filter by font color.
1. Select the data range you use, press Ctrl + F keys to display the Find and Replace dialog, and click Options button.
2. Click Format to open Find Format dialog, under Font tab, select the font size you want to filter in Size drop-down list.
3. Click OK > Find All, and press Ctrl + A to select all found cells , and close Find and Replace dialog.
4. Then go to Home tab, and select one font color to color the selected cells.
5. Select the data range and click Data > Filter.
6. Click the Filter icon, and click Filter by Color in the list, then select the color you have added before to filter the data.
If you usually filter data based on the font format, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Special Filter utility, which can filter data by bold, italic or strikethrough.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
Select the data, click Kutools Plus > Special Filter, then select one filter criterion in the drop down list.
|Filter by bold||Filter by italic||Filter by strikethrough|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!