How to convert 1-12 to month name in Excel?
For example you received a sales table in which months are displayed as numbers, and you need to convert the numbers to normal month names as below screenshot shown. Any idea? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
Actually, we can apply the TEXT function to convert numbers (from 1 to 12) to normal month names easily in Excel. Please do as follows:
Select a blank cell next to the sales table, type the formula =TEXT(A2*29,"mmm") (Note: A2 is the first number of the Month list you will convert to month name), and then drag the AutoFill Handle down to other cells.
Now you will see the numbers (from 1 to 12) are converted to normal month names.
As you see, the TEXT function can return month name in another cell. But if you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Operation feature to replace the numbers (from 1 to 12) with month names directly.
1. Select the numbers you will convert to month names in the sales table, and click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, please (1) click to highlight Custom in the Operation box; (2) type the formula =TEXT(?*29,"mmm") in the Custom box; (3) check the Create formulas option; and finally (4) click the Ok button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the month names replace the selected numbers directly. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!