How to create a pie chart for YES/NO answers in Excel?
For example you received a questionnaire table with a list of YES and NO answers, and you want to create a pie chart for the YES/NO answers in Excel, any ideas? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
This method will guide you to count the YES and NO answers with the COUNTIF function, and then add a pie chart based on the counting results. Please do as follows:
1. Beside the questionnaire table, create a table for counting the YES and NO answers as below screenshot shown.
2. Select the cell you will place the counting results of YES answer, type the formula =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$13,D2), and then drag the AutoFill Handle down to count the NO answer. See screenshot:
Note: in the formula =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$13,D2), $B$2:$B$13 is the list with YES and NO answers, D2 is “Yes” answer, and you can change them as you need.
3. Select the counting table, and click Insert > Insert Pie or Doughnut Chart (or Pie) > Pie. See screenshot:
Now the pie chart for all YES/NO answers is created. See screenshot:
You can also create a pie chart for the YES/NO answers with a pivot chart in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the questionnaire table, and click Insert > PivotChart (or PivotTable) > PivotChart. See screenshot:
2. In the Create PiovtChart dialog, please check the Existing Worksheet option, specify the first cell of destination range, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. In the PivotChart Fields pane, please drag the Answer filed to both Axis and Values sections. See screenshot:
4. Now the pivot chart is created. Right click the series in the pivot chart, and select Change Series Chart Type from the context menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Change Chart Type dialog, please click Pie in the left bar, click to highlight the Pie chart in the right section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the pie chart for the YES/NO answers is created. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!