Have you ever tried to change a sheet into a graph paper for printing in Excel as below screenshot shown? Actually, you can turn a sheet into graph paper by changing cell size and sheet margins easily. Here this article will show you the detailed steps to finish the task.
To turn a sheet into graph paper in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click the Arrow at the top-left corner of working area to select all cells in the active sheet.
2. Click Home > Format > Row Height to open the Row Height dialog.
3. In the Row Height dialog, type 9 in the Row height box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Keep all cells selected, and click Home > Format > Column Width to open the Column Width dialog.
5. In the Column Width dialog, type 1 in the Column Width box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Click Page Layout > Margins > Custom Margins to open the Page Setup dialog.
7. In the Page Setup dialog, under the Margins tab, please do as follows: (1) Type 0.5 in the Top / Right / Bottom / Left boxes separately; (2) Type 0 in the Header and Footer boxes; (3) Check both Horizontally and Vertically options in the Center on page section.
8. Still in the Page Setup dialog, under Sheet tab, check the Gridlines option in the Print section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the active sheet is turned into a graph paper. For printing the graph paper, please select one page in the sheet, and click File > Print > Print Selection to print it directly.
Turn a sheet into millimeter/engineering/quad paper with Adjust Cell Size feature
As you know, there are many styles of graph papers, and some users might not remember the size of each graph paper. With Kutools for Excel’s Adjust Cell Size feature, you can easily turn a sheet into common millimeter paper, engineering paper, and quad paper in Excel.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.