How to set the Sum function as the default function in Pivot table?
Sometimes, when you create a Pivot Table, the Count function is set as the default calculation instead of the Sum function as following screenshot shown. This problem is caused by having some blank cells in the source data of the Pivot Table. How could you set the Sum function as default function in Pivot Table?
Set the Sum function as default function in Pivot Table
Extract decimal numbers from text string with formulas
To set the Sum function as default function, you should do with the following steps:
1. Select the data range that you want to create Pivot Table based on, and then click Home > Find & Select > Go To Special, in the Go To Special dialog box, select Blanks from the Select section, see screenshot:
2. Then click OK button to close the dialog box, and all blank cells have been selected at once, now, you should enter 0 directly, and then press Ctrl + Enter keys together, and all blank cells have been filled with 0, see screenshot:
3. And then, please select the data range, and click Insert > PivotTable, see screenshot:
4. In the Create PivotTable dialog box, select a cell to put the Pivot Table in the Existing Worksheet or create Pivot Table in New Worksheet, see screenshot:
5. Now, the Sum function has been set as the default function as you need in the created Pivot Table as following screenshot shown:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!