How to sort date by month ignoring year in Google sheets?
Actually, the Sort feature in Google sheets can sort the date cells by year, but, sometimes, you need to sort the dates by month ignoring year. The Sort feature does not support this work. This article, I will talk about some useful ways for solving this task in Google sheet.
The following formula can help you to sort dates by month ignoring year, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =ARRAYFORMULA(SORT( A2:A, MONTH(A2:A) , TRUE)) into a blank cell where you want to put the result, see screenshot:
2. And then press Enter key, the dates in Column A has been sorted by month immediately in Column C, see screenshot：
If you have the same demand in Microsoft Excel, Kutools for Excel’s Advanced Sort can help you a lot.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the date column that you want to sort, and then click Kutools Plus > Advanced Sort, see screenshot:
2. In the Advanced Sort dialog box, select the column name that you want to sort by, and then choose Month from the Sort On drop down list, at last, select a sort order as you need, see screenshot:
3. Then click Ok button, the dates in Column A has been sorted by month ignoring year as following screenshot shown：
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!