How to average data based on weekday or weekend in Excel?
Supposing there are two columns in a worksheet, one contains dates, and the other contains number values as below screenshot shown, how can you average the numbers based on the weekday or weekend in Excel? In this article, I introduce some formulas to quickly solve this job.
Here I have two formulas that can quickly average values based on weekday or weekend in another cell.
Select a cell which you will place the formula and result at, type this formula =SUM((WEEKDAY(A2:A20, 2)<6)*(B2:B20))/SUM(1*(WEEKDAY(A2:A20, 2)<6)), and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys simultaneously.
1. If you want to average values by weekend, you can use this formula =SUM((WEEKDAY(A2:A20, 2)>5)*(B2:B20))/SUM(1*(WEEKDAY(A2:A20, 2)>5)), and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter.
2. In the formulas, A2:A20 is the range of date cells, B2:B20 is the range of numbers you want to average.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!