How to automatically create borders if a cell has contents in Excel?
You may add borders to cells with contents for outstanding the cell values in the worksheet by applying the All Borders option repeatedly. If it is time-consuming and boring for you to repeat the operation, this article will show you an easy method to automatically create borders if a cell has contents in Excel.
Please do as follows to automatically create borders if a cell bas contents in a range with Conditional Formatting.
1. Select a range you want to add borders to the cells when entering values. Then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule. See screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, you need to:
2.1 Select use a formula to determine which cells to format option in the Select a Rule Type box.
2.2 Enter formula =C2<>"" into the Format values where this formula is true box.
2.3 Click the Format button. See screenshot:
Note: in the formula, C2 is the first cell of the selected range.
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Border tab, select the top, bottom, left and right border in the Border section, specify the line style as you need, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Then it returns to the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please click the OK button to finish the rule.
From now on, all borders will be added to cells automatically after value entered. See screenshot:
- How to count if cell contains text or part of text in Excel?
- How to check if a cell value is between two values in Excel?
- How to sumif adjacent cell is equal, blank or containing text in Excel?
- How to return value in another cell if a cell contains certain text in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!