How to find value in a cell with comma separated list in Excel?
Supposing you have a column contains comma separated values such as Sales,123,AAA, and now you want to find if value 123 in the comma separated cell, how can you do? This article will introduce method to solve the problem.
The following formula can help you finding value in a cell with comma-separated list in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(123,A2)),"yes","no") into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: in the formula, A2 is the cell contains the comma-separated values you will find.
2. Keep selecting the result cell and drag the Fill Handle down to get all results. If value “123” is in the comma-separated cells, you will get the result as “Yes”; otherwise, you will get the result as “No”. See screenshot:
- How to find and replace all blank cells with certain number or text in Excel?
- How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
- How to split comma separated values into rows or columns in Excel?
- How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to remove all commas in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)