How to find value in a cell with comma separated list in Excel?
Supposing you have a column contains comma separated values such as Sales,123,AAA, and now you want to find if value 123 in the comma separated cell, how can you do? This article will introduce method to solve the problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following formula can help you finding value in a cell with comma-separated list in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(123,A2)),"yes","no") into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: in the formula, A2 is the cell contains the comma-separated values you will find.
2. Keep selecting the result cell and drag the Fill Handle down to get all results. If value “123” is in the comma-separated cells, you will get the result as “Yes”; otherwise, you will get the result as “No”. See screenshot:
- How to find and replace all blank cells with certain number or text in Excel?
- How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
- How to split comma separated values into rows or columns in Excel?
- How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to remove all commas in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 15 days agoGood Morning to all.I have a excel question that how to count comma separated specific values in a single cell in excel.I want to count no of 15's in a single cell that contains 15,215,15,155,45,1515,15I need the result 3. Is there any formula in excel.