How to unhide all worksheets & sheets in Excel?
This article provides several methods to unhide all hidden sheets & worksheets in Excel step by step.
- Unhide all hidden worksheets one by one in Excel
- Unhide all hidden worksheets by VBA code
- Unhide all hidden worksheets by Kutools for Excel with one click
- Unhide all hidden worksheets by Toggle Hidden Worksheets Visibility feature
- Unhide all very hidden worksheets by Kutools for Excel
We can apply the Unhide Sheet feature to unhide a hidden worksheet at a time in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Click Home > Format > Hide & Unhide > Unhide Sheet. See screenshot:
Note: You can also right click any one of sheet names in the Sheet tab bar, and select Unhide from the context menu.
2. Now all hidden worksheets are listed in the Unhide dialog box. Please select the worksheet you want to show, and then click the OK button.
3. Then the selected hidden sheet is displayed. Repeat above Step 2 to show all unhide worksheets one by one.
Note: Unhide all hidden worksheets is not as simple as it can be while there are hundreds of hidden sheets need to be unhide. You may have to click the mouse for hundreds of times for repeating the operations. If you would like to get an easier way, please make it according to the procedures that the following methods provides.
The following short VBA code also can help you display all of the hidden sheets at the same time.
1. Hold down the Alt + F11 keys in Excel, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
Sub UnhideAllSheets() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Next ws End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run this macro. And the hidden sheets will be displayed at once.
Kutools for Excel’s Unhide All Hidden Sheets feature could help you display all of the hidden sheets easily with only one click.
Click Kutools > Show / Hide > Unhide All Hidden Sheets, see screenshot:
Then all hidden sheets are shown at once. See screenshot:
Note: The number displaying after the function indicates the total number of hidden worksheets in your workbook. If there is no hidden worksheet, the function will turn gray and cannot be clicked.
Unhide all hidden worksheets by Toggle Hidden Worksheets Visibility feature
Kutools for Excel also provides a handy Worksheets (Toggle Hidden Worksheets Visibility) feature to show or hide all hidden worksheets with only one click in the active workbook.
Under Kutools tab, please click the Worksheet button to display all hidden worksheets, and click the Worksheets button again to restore hidden status.
Unhide all very hidden worksheets by Kutools for Excel
Sometimes above methods cannot unhide the hidden worksheets. That’s because these worksheets are very hidden. In this situation, you can apply the Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets feature of Kutools for Excel to quickly unhide them.
1. Click Kutools > Show/Hide > Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets.
2. In the Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets dialog, please click to select the active workbook, and click the Unhide all button in the Sheets section. See screenshot.
Now all hidden worksheets including the very hidden ones are displaying in bulk. Please close the dialog as you need.
- Hide other sheets
- Hide other workbooks
- Unhide all hidden workbooks
- Show hidden ranges (columns and rows)