How to find intersection of two column lists in Excel?
As below screenshot, how do you find the intersection of two lists in Excel? In other words, how to find duplicate values in two columns? This article provides two methods to help you achieving it.
The below formula can help you find intersection of two lists in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank column, copy formula =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$C$2:$C$9,0)),"",B2) into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, B2 is the first cell of the first list, $C$2:$C$9 is the range of the second list. Please change them based on your need.
2. Now the first intersection is finding out, please select it and then drag the Fill Handle down to get all. See screenshot:
If you don’t want to apply formula, here we recommend you the Select Same & Different Cells utility of Kutools for Excel to easily find all intersections of two lists in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools > Select > Select Same & Different Cells.
2. In the Select Same & Different Cells dialog box, you need to:
3. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many cells have been selected, please click the OK button. And you can see all intersections are selected and highlight in the first list as below screenshot:
- How to find and replace all blank cells with certain number or text in Excel?
- How to replace commas with newlines (Alt + Enter) in cells in Excel?
- How to create a macro code to achieve find and replace text in Excel?
- How to find and replace sheet tab names in Excel?
- How to find value in a cell with comma separated list in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)