How to sort or shuffle data in a list randomly in Google sheets?
Supposing, you have a list of data in Google sheets, now, you need to sort the data randomly to disorder the cells. How could you solve this task in Google sheets?
Google Sheets has a useful feature-Randomize range, with it, you can shuffle the data in a list randomly at once, please do as this:
1. Select the list of data that you want to sort randomly, and then right click, then choose Randomize range from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. And then, the data in the selected list has been sorted randomly as following screenshot shown:
Here is another method also can help you to sort the data randomly in a list, please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =sort(A2:A17,arrayFormula(randbetween(sign(row(A2:A17)),1000000)),true) into a blank cell where you will get the result, and then press Enter key, and all values in Column A have been sorted randomly, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, A2:A17 is the data list that you want to sort randomly.
In Excel worksheet, how could you sort or shuffle data in a range? Kutools for Excel’s Sort Range Randomly feature can solve this job for you quickly and easily.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the data list that you want to sort randomly, and then click Kutools > Range > Sort Range Randomly, see screenshot:
2. In the Sort Range Randomly dialog box, under the Sort tab, please select one sort type in the Sort Type list box, (for example, I choose All cells in the range option)see screenshot:
3. Then click Ok button, and the selected cells have been rearranged randomly immediately, see screenshot: