How to sort or shuffle data in a list randomly in Google sheets?
Supposing, you have a list of data in Google sheets, now, you need to sort the data randomly to disorder the cells. How could you solve this task in Google sheets?
Google Sheets has a useful feature-Randomize range, with it, you can shuffle the data in a list randomly at once, please do as this:
1. Select the list of data that you want to sort randomly, and then right click, then choose Randomize range from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. And then, the data in the selected list has been sorted randomly as following screenshot shown:
Here is another method also can help you to sort the data randomly in a list, please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =sort(A2:A17,arrayFormula(randbetween(sign(row(A2:A17)),1000000)),true) into a blank cell where you will get the result, and then press Enter key, and all values in Column A have been sorted randomly, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, A2:A17 is the data list that you want to sort randomly.
In Excel worksheet, how could you sort or shuffle data in a range? Kutools for Excel’s Sort Range Randomly feature can solve this job for you quickly and easily.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the data list that you want to sort randomly, and then click Kutools > Range > Sort Range Randomly, see screenshot:
2. In the Sort Range Randomly dialog box, under the Sort tab, please select one sort type in the Sort Type list box, (for example, I choose All cells in the range option)see screenshot:
3. Then click Ok button, and the selected cells have been rearranged randomly immediately, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!