How to remove leading and trailing spaces in Excel?
This article provides ways to unhide the hidden worksheets in Excel step by step.
- Using Trim function in Excel to remove leading and trailing spaces
- Quickly remove all leading and trailing spaces with Kutools for Excel
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The syntax for the TRIM function is:
= TRIM ( Text )
Like the following example shows, to remove the space in the cell C11, just click a new cell and enter the trim formula to apply the modification.See screenshot:
Note: The TRIM function will not remove all space characters. In particular one commonly used space character that TRIM will not remove is the non-breaking space used in web pages.
The third party add-in Kutools for Excel can help remove all the leading and trailing spaces quickly in Excel.
Compare with the trim function in Excel, the Removing Spaces utility in Kutools for Excel provides more flexible way to remove all the excessive space in Excel. You can directly remove the space in the cell without moving them into other cells. More important, you can remove other kind of space in the cell, such as all excess space, all space and so on.
Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Text Tools > Remove Spaces. See screenshot:
Step 1: Select the cells that you want to modify. You can select some columns, rows or the entire worksheet.
Step 2: Click Kutools > Text Tools > Remove Spaces, and check Leading &Trailing spaces in the popup Remove Spaces dialog. See screenhot:
Step 3: Step 3: Click OK or Apply to apply it.
For more detailed information about Remove Spaces, go to Remove Spaces..