How to calculate item percentage of total in Excel?
If you have a table which record the sales of items in a worksheet as below screenshot shown, how can you calculate the percentage of total in each item sales?
Easily Combine multiple sheets/Workbook into one Single sheet or Workbook
|To combinne multiples sheets or workbooks into one sheet or workbook may be edious in Excel, but with the Combine function in Kutools for Excel, you can combine merge dozens of sheets/workbooks into one sheet or workbook, also, you can consolidate the sheets into one by several clicks only. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
To calculate the item percentage of total, firstly, you need to calculate the total of each item.
1. Next to the table, type this formula =SUM(B2:E2) to sum the first item sales, then drag fill handle down to sum each item, see screenshot:
B2:E2 is the range of sales of the first item you want to calculate.
2. Then in a blank cell, calculate the total sales of all items with this formula =SUM(F2:F10). F2:F10 is the range contains the total of each item.
3. Now you can calculate each item’s percentage of total. Type this formula, =F2/$F$11, F2 is the total of the first item, $F$11 is the total number of all items, drag fill handle down to fill the formula to cells.
4. Click Home tab, in the Number group, click % to format the cells as percentage.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...