How to concatenate letter and number into one cell in Excel?
In Excel， you may have a table which includes two columns, one is the fruits, another is the prices, now you want to concatenate these two columns into one column and with some texts as below screenshot shown. How can you quickly combine them without typing one by one? Here I introduce some tricks for you.
Easily Combine columns or rows without losing data in Excel
|Supposing you are working with a worksheet which contains multiple duplicate records, and now you need to combine / merge the rows based on the same value and do some calculations, such as sum, average, count of the duplicate rows. With this Advanced Combine Rows of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly combine same values / same data or duplicate rows into appropriate cells. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
Here you can use the below formulas to combine the cells into one cell.
=CONCATENATE(A2," ","sale"," ","$",B2)
=A2&" "&"sale"&" "&"$"&B2
Select one of the formula, type them into the cell you want to place the result, type Enter key to get the combined data. A2 and B2 are the two cells you want to combine, sale and $ are the texts which you want to add, “ “ determine use space as delimiter.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use its Combine function to combine multiple columns into one.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Insert two columns between letter column and number column, type the texts you want to add.
2. Select all range of data, click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot
3. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog, do as these:
Check Combine columns option;
Select one separator as you need;
Specify the results place in left or right cell;
Select one option about processing results.
4. Click Ok. Now the columns data has been concatenated into one cell with delimiter.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...