How to concatenate letter and number into one cell in Excel?
In Excel， you may have a table which includes two columns, one is the fruits, another is the prices, now you want to concatenate these two columns into one column and with some texts as below screenshot shown. How can you quickly combine them without typing one by one? Here I introduce some tricks for you.
Here you can use the below formulas to combine the cells into one cell.
=CONCATENATE(A2," ","sale"," ","$",B2)
=A2&" "&"sale"&" "&"$"&B2
Select one of the formula, type them into the cell you want to place the result, type Enter key to get the combined data. A2 and B2 are the two cells you want to combine, sale and $ are the texts which you want to add, “ “ determine use space as delimiter.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use its Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data function to combine multiple columns into one.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Insert two columns between letter column and number column, type the texts you want to add.
2. Select all range of data, click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data. See screenshot
3. In the popping dialog, do as these:
Check Combine columns option;
Select one separator as you need;
Specify the results place in left or right cell;
Select one option about processing results.
4. Click Ok. Now the columns data has been concatenated into one cell with delimiter.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!