How to show or insert division symbol in cell in Excel?
In Excel, the division symbol displays as forward slash (/) in the calculating formulas. If you want to use division symbol as text and show as ÷ in cells as below screenshot, how can you do? Some methods in this article will do you a favor of inserting division symbol as ÷ in cells.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can insert a division symbol by shortcut key in Excel.
Select a cell you will insert division symbol, hold the Alt key, type 0247 and then release the Alt key. Then you can see the ÷ symbol is showing in the selected cell.
Note: The number 0247 you typed must in the numeric keypad.
Besides, you can find and insert the ÷ symbol in the Symbol window. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cell you will insert division symbol, then click Symbol under the Insert tab. See screenshot:
2. In the Symbol window, find the ÷ symbol, and then double click it or click the Insert button to insert it into selected cell.
3. Close the Symbol window.
If this division symbol is frequently-used in the future, here I recommend you the Auto Text feature of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can save the division symbol as an auto text entry, and reuse it in future with just one click. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Click Kutools > Insert > AutoText to open the Auto Text Pane in Excel.
2. Select the division symbol, and click the New AutoText button.
3. In the New AutoText dialog box, give a name for the symbol, and then create a new group to save it.
Now the division symbol has been saved as an AutoText entry. You can insert it to any sheet cell by just click it in the AutoText pane. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!