How to calculate working hours per month in Excel?
Normally, most of us may work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Here, I want to get the total working hours per month for calculating the salary. How to calculate the total working hours per month in Excel?
The below formulas can help you to calculate the total working hours in a month, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2) * 8 into a blank cell where you want to put the result, and then press Enter key, and you will get a date format cell as following screenshot shown:
2. Then you should convert the date format to general format, please select the calculated cell and then click General from the Number Format drop down list under the Home tab, and the total working hours will be displayed, see screenshot:
Tips: If there are some holidays in the specific month, you can exclude the holidays by using this formula: =NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2, C2:C4) * 8, and then convert the calculated result to general format, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, A2 is the start date, B2 is the end date, and C2:C4 is the list of holiday date, please change them to your need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!