How to export multiple columns into individual text files in Excel?
Normally, you can export a worksheet to txt file in Excel quickly and easily by using the Save As function. But, have you ever tried to save each column data into text file individually from an Excel worksheet? This article, I will talk about how to solve this job as quick as possible.
The following VBA code can help you to save each column data to text file individually in Excel, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA code: Export multiple columns into individual text files:
Sub SaveValueToText() Dim xFRNum, xFCNum As Long Dim xStrDir As String Dim xMaxR, xMaxC As Integer Dim xCells As Range Dim xIntX As Long Dim xObjFD As FileDialog Set xObjFD = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) With xObjFD .AllowMultiSelect = False .Show If .SelectedItems.Count > 0 Then xStrDir = .SelectedItems.Item(1) & Application.PathSeparator Else Exit Sub End If End With Set xCells = ActiveSheet.Cells xMaxR = xCells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A1], SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row xMaxC = xCells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A1], SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column For xFCNum = 1 To xMaxC Open xStrDir & xFCNum & "_" & ActiveSheet.Cells(1, xFCNum).Text & ".txt" For Output As #1 For xFRNum = 1 To xMaxR Print #1, Cells(xFRNum, xFCNum).Value Next xFRNum Close #1 Next End Sub
3. After pasting the code, please press F5 key to run this code, and a Browser dialog box is popped out, then choose a folder to put your exported text files, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, and each column data in active worksheet has been exported into text file individually, see screenshot:
If you need to export multiple worksheets into individual text, pdf or csv files, the Kutools for Excel’s Split Workbook feature can do you a favor.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do with following steps:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Split Workbook, see screenshot:
2. In the Split Workbook dialog box, check the worksheets that you want to save as txt, pdf, csv files, and then check Save as type option, then select the file type that you want to save as, and then click Split button, in the displayed Browse For Folder dialog box, choose a folder to put the exported files, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, and your selected worksheets have been exported to the individual specific file format as you need, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)