How to group data by half a year in Excel PivotTable?
As we know, the PivotTable can help us to analyze data more efficiently, and also can group data by year/month/day. However, have you ever tried to group data by half a year as below screenshot shown in Excel PivotTable?
Please follow below to group data by half a year steps by steps:
1. Select the data and click Insert > PivotTable. Then in the Create PivotTable dialog, select the option to place pivot table in a new sheet or existing sheet.
2. Click OK. Now the PivotTable Fields pane is displayed, add Year and Month into Rows section, the Sales into Values section.
3. Then in the PivotTable, manually select the first half year (Jan-Jun), right click to select Group in the context menu, then select second half year (Jul-Dec), right click to select Group.
Now the pivot table data has been grouped into two groups.
4. Then go to the PivotTable Fields pane, uncheck Month in the Fields list.
5. Then go to PivotTable, select the Group1, then rename it in the formula bar.
Repeat this step to rename Group2 (Here I rename the Group1 and Group2 as First half year and Second half year separately).
Now the data has been grouped by half a year.
If the data is list as below, you can use the PivotTable Special Time Grouping feature of Kutools for Excel to quickly group data by half year.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data range, click Kutools Plus > Pivot Table > PivotTable Special Time Grouping.
2. In the PivotTable Special Time Grouping dialog, check Half year in the Group By section, and in the Please select a Date column, choose the column that contains the dates that you want to group by half year, then choose a location to place the new PivotTable.
3. Then in the popping PivotTable Fields pane, specify the settings as below.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!