How to group data by half a year in Excel PivotTable?
As we know, the PivotTable can help us to analyze data more efficiently, and also can group data by year/month/day. However, have you ever tried to group data by half a year as below screenshot shown in Excel PivotTable?
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 45-day trial of Office Tab!
Please follow below to group data by half a year steps by steps:
1. Select the data and click Insert > PivotTable. Then in the Create PivotTable dialog, select the option to place pivot table in a new sheet or existing sheet.
2. Click OK. Now the PivotTable Fields pane is displayed, add Year and Month into Rows section, the Sales into Values section.
3. Then in the PivotTable, manually select the first half year (Jan-Jun), right click to select Group in the context menu, then select second half year (Jul-Dec), right click to select Group.
Now the pivot table data has been grouped into two groups.
4. Then go to the PivotTable Fields pane, uncheck Month in the Fields list.
5. Then go to PivotTable, select the Group1, then rename it in the formula bar.
Repeat this step to rename Group2 (Here I rename the Group1 and Group2 as First half year and Second half year separately).
Now the data has been grouped by half a year.
Easily Combine multiple sheets/Workbook into one Single sheet or Workbook
|To combinne multiples sheets or workbooks into one sheet or workbook may be edious in Excel, but with the Combine function in Kutools for Excel, you can combine merge dozens of sheets/workbooks into one sheet or workbook, also, you can consolidate the sheets into one by several clicks only. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|