How to group data by half an hour or 15 minutes in Excel PivotTable?
In Excel PivotTable, you can group data by one hour, but in some cases, you just want to group data by half an hour or 15 minutes, how can you handle it? Here I introduce some formulas to help you.
Take group data by half an hour as example.
1. Select the adjacent cell to the data, type this formula =MOD(INT(C2/(1/48))*(1/48),1), C2 is the time data, the drag fill handle down to the cells which need this formula.
Note: Please format the formula cells as Time formatting.
2. Select the data including the helper formula column, click Insert > PivotTable, in the Create PivotTable dialog, select one destination to place the PivotTable.
3. Click OK, the PivotTable Fields pane is displayed, add the formula column and other columns into Rows section as you need, and add the column you want to calculate into Values section.
Now the data has been grouped into half an hour.
1. To group by 15 minutes, use this formula =FLOOR(C2,TIME(0,15,0)) in the helper column.
2. You can change the calculation in Value Field Settings dialog.
The PivotTable Special Time Grouping feature in Kutools for Excel is a handy tool which can help you quicky create a PivotTable with grouping data based on fiscal year in PivotTa
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data including headers, then click Kutools Plus > Pivot Table > PivotTable Special Time Grouping. See screenshot:
2. In the popping PivotTable Special Time Grouping dialog, check Half an hour checkbox in the Group By section, then choose a column which you want to group by time, and then you can place the pivot table in a new sheet or a cell of the existing sheet. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok. Then a pivot table has been created and grouped by half an hour. At the same time, a helper column will be added beside the original data.
If you want to calcualte values based on the time group, drag the column to VALUES in the PivotTable Fields pane, and specify the calculatuon as you need.
If you want to group data by specific minutes, check Minutes checkbox, then type the number of minitest in the below Minutes textbox.