How to calculate or get percentage of total in Excel?
If you have a list of sale orders for each month, and you have calculated the total orders for these months, now, you want to get the percentage of each month based on the total, how could you solve this job in Excel?
To calculate the percentage of each month based on the total orders, the following simple formula can help you. Please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =B2/$B$10 into a blank cell where you want to get the result, and then drag the fill handle down to copy this formula to other cells, see screenshot:
2. Then, you should format the cells to percent as following screenshot shown:
Note: In the above formula, B2 is the cell that contains the order of the first month, and B10 is the total order cell, you should change them to your need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!