How to highlight row if cell contains date in Excel?
In this tutorial, I introduce how to use Conditional Formatting function to auto highlight the row if the cell contains date in Excel.
Quickly and easily convert date to other date formatting in Excel
|Have you ever tried to convert a date to day, month or year only? The formulas maybe hard to remember, but the Apply Date Formatting of Kutools for Excel can quickly convert a standard date to the date formatting as you need as below screenshot shown. Dont, waite, click for 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
1. Firstly, you should know the date format code you need.
|d-mmm-yy or dd-mmm-yy||"D1"|
|d-mmm or dd-mmm||"D2"|
|m/d/yy or m/d/yy h:mm or mm/dd/yy||"D4"|
You can find the complete list of date codes in this article.
2. Select the ranges contain the rows you will highlight based on date cells, click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog, choose Use a formula to determine which cells to format in Select a Rule Type section, then type formula =CELL("format",$C2)="D4" into Format values where this formula is true textbox.
Note: In this case, I will highlight the rows if cells in column C contain dates in m/d/yyyy format. D4 is format code of m/d/yyyy.
4. Click Format, under Fill tab of Format Cells dialog, choose one background color for highlighting rows.
5. Click OK > OK. Then relevant rows are highlighted if the cells in column C are in date format m/d/yyyy.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 30-day trial of Office Tab!