1. Firstly, you should know the date format code you need.
d-mmm-yy or dd-mmm-yy
d-mmm or dd-mmm
m/d/yy or m/d/yy h:mm or mm/dd/yy
You can find the complete list of date codes in this article.
2. Select the ranges contain the rows you will highlight based on date cells, click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog, choose Use a formula to determine which cells to format in Select a Rule Type section, then type formula =CELL("format",$C2)="D4" into Format values where this formula is true textbox.
Note: In this case, I will highlight the rows if cells in column C contain dates in m/d/yyyy format. D4 is format code of m/d/yyyy.
4. Click Format, under Fill tab of Format Cells dialog, choose one background color for highlighting rows.
5. Click OK > OK. Then relevant rows are highlighted if the cells in column C are in date format m/d/yyyy.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.