How to create qr code based on cell value in Excel?
Do you know how to create QR code based on specific cell value in Excel? This article will show you a method to achieve it in details.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The Barcode Control can help you quickly create QR code based on cell value in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet contains the cell value you will create QR Code based on.
2. Click Developer > Insert > More Control. See screenshot:
3. In the More Controls window, check for the Microsoft Barcode Control 16.0 or Microsoft Barcode Control 15.0.
4. If you didn’t find the Barcode Control in the More Controls window or the Barcode Control does not the 16.0 or 15.0, you need to download the barcode control file by clicking this links: download barcode control. If there is Barcode Control 16.0 or 15.0 in your More Controls window, just jump to below step 10.
After downloading the file, unzip it and then update the Barcode Control with the downloaded barcode control in your Excel as follows.
5. Close all your Excel workbooks, go to the Start section, find the Excel app and right click on it, then select Run as administrator from the context menu. See screenshot:
6. In the opening User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button.
7. Then a new workbook is created. Please click Developer > Insert > More Control. See screenshot:
8. In the More Controls window, click Register Custom button, find and select one of the downloaded qr code OCX file and then click the Open button. See screenshot:
9. Click the OK button when it returns the More Controls window to finish the Barcode Control updated. Then reopen the workbook contains the cell values you will create QR Codes based on.
10. Right click the sheet tab and click View Code from the context menu to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window. Then copy and paste below VAB code into the Code window. And finally press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
VBA code: Create QR code in Excel
Sub setQR() 'Updated by Extendoffice 2018/8/22 Dim xSRg As Range Dim xRRg As Range Dim xObjOLE As OLEObject On Error Resume Next Set xSRg = Application.InputBox("Please select the cell you will create QR code based on", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 8) If xSRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Set xRRg = Application.InputBox("Select a cell to place the QR code", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 8) If xRRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set xObjOLE = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add("BARCODE.BarCodeCtrl.1") xObjOLE.Object.Style = 11 xObjOLE.Object.Value = xSRg.Text ActiveSheet.Shapes.Item(xObjOLE.Name).Copy ActiveSheet.Paste xRRg xObjOLE.Delete Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
11. Click Developer > Insert > Button (Form Control) as below screenshot shown.
12. Draw a button into current worksheet. In the popping up Assign Macro dialog, select setQR in the box and then click the OK button.
13. Turn off the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode.
14. Click the button, in the opening Kutools for Excel dialog, select the cell you will create QR Code based on and click OK.
15. In the second Kutools for Excel dialog, select a cell to place the QR Code. See screenshot:
Then the QR Code will be inserted into specified cell immediately. Repeat step 14 to 15 to finish all QR Code created. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 26 days agomsbcode not found
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoMicrosoft Barcode Control 16.0 tidak nge-link..minta dong pak
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agono puedo descargar Microsoft Barcode Control 16.0
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoMSBCODE.zip error 404 not found
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoprezados, preciso de A1:A5 em um único QR, é possivel?