How to create qr code based on cell value in Excel?
Do you know how to create QR code based on specific cell value in Excel? This article will show you a method to achieve it in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The Barcode Control can help you quickly create QR code based on cell value in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Open the worksheet contains the cell value you will create QR Code based on.
2. Click Developer > Insert > More Control. See screenshot:
3. In the More Controls window, check for the Microsoft Barcode Control 16.0 or Microsoft Barcode Control 15.0.
4. If you didn’t find the Barcode Control in the More Controls window or the Barcode Control does not the 16.0 or 15.0, you need to download the barcode control file by clicking this links: download barcode control. If there is Barcode Control 16.0 or 15.0 in your More Controls window, just jump to below step 10.
After downloading the file, unzip it and then update the Barcode Control with the downloaded barcode control in your Excel as follows.
5. Close all your Excel workbooks, go to the Start section, find the Excel app and right click on it, then select Run as administrator from the context menu. See screenshot:
6. In the opening User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button.
7. Then a new workbook is created. Please click Developer > Insert > More Control. See screenshot:
8. In the More Controls window, click Register Custom button, find and select one of the downloaded qr code OCX file and then click the Open button. See screenshot:
9. Click the OK button when it returns the More Controls window to finish the Barcode Control updated. Then reopen the workbook contains the cell values you will create QR Codes based on.
10. Right click the sheet tab and click View Code from the context menu to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window. Then copy and paste below VAB code into the Code window. And finally press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
VBA code: Create QR code in Excel
Sub setQR() 'Updated by Extendoffice 2018/8/22 Dim xSRg As Range Dim xRRg As Range Dim xObjOLE As OLEObject On Error Resume Next Set xSRg = Application.InputBox("Please select the cell you will create QR code based on", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 8) If xSRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Set xRRg = Application.InputBox("Select a cell to place the QR code", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 8) If xRRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set xObjOLE = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add("BARCODE.BarCodeCtrl.1") xObjOLE.Object.Style = 11 xObjOLE.Object.Value = xSRg.Text ActiveSheet.Shapes.Item(xObjOLE.Name).Copy ActiveSheet.Paste xRRg xObjOLE.Delete Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
11. Click Developer > Insert > Button (Form Control) as below screenshot shown.
12. Draw a button into current worksheet. In the popping up Assign Macro dialog, select setQR in the box and then click the OK button.
13. Turn off the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode.
14. Click the button, in the opening Kutools for Excel dialog, select the cell you will create QR Code based on and click OK.
15. In the second Kutools for Excel dialog, select a cell to place the QR Code. See screenshot:
Then the QR Code will be inserted into specified cell immediately. Repeat step 14 to 15 to finish all QR Code created. See screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agohow to make qr code with many field for one qr?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoHello
I just installed Kutool program to make QR code from Excel. I will test this program and if it works then I will purchaSE IT.
I didn't have "Microsoft Barcode Control 16.0" so I down loaded per instruction. And open Excel with Admin mode. Then try to "Register Custom" . But I opened Barcode control folder and select MSBCODE964,OCX. Then there is error message came out. It said "The selected file does not contain self-registrating ActiveX control". What it means? What is the problem. And how can I install that?
Please let me know how to solve the problem.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoCan I change the QR code size? Not manually, but paste the selected size?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoIt helps to solve my BIG problem! THANK YOU!!!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoIf i use the download file. Is this free of company? or only free of person?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoDoes anyone know how to print the generated QR codes once they are created? After creating said code you aren't able to select them unless you switch to "designer mode" and even then you are only able to get into properties or format object. There is a checkbox for a "print object" under the format object selection but haven't been able to actually print the code itself. Any help would be appreciated.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agowhen register custom : error the select file dies not contain any self-registering ActiveX controls
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoHello,
Is it possible to link a QR Code to the value of a cell in an online Excel spreadsheet ? Meaning that if one would edit the value of the cell, the QR Code would give the edited value of the cell ?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agowie kann ich die Grösse der QR Code ändern oder wieder löschen?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoCan you create a QR code from information across multiple cells? Anytime I do this I get a blank insert
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoThis one is great but I need to do more than 4K QR, so Could you please suggest to do by batch?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agohow to run it without administrator right?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agomsbcode not found
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHi bayu,
Some mistake for the link, fix now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoMicrosoft Barcode Control 16.0 tidak nge-link..minta dong pak
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agono puedo descargar Microsoft Barcode Control 16.0
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoMSBCODE.zip error 404 not found
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoprezados, preciso de A1:A5 em um único QR, é possivel?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoسلام لینک دانلود کارنمیکنه
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoKhong the tai duoc Microsoft Barcode Control 16.0 admin oi