How to remove trailing zeros from number in Excel?
In this tutorial, I introduce the methods on removing trailing zeros after decimal or the same number of trailing zeros in cells as below screenshots shown.
|Remove trailing zeros after decimal point||Remove same number of traling zeros from numbers|
To remove the trailing zeros after decimal point, you can format the cells to a custom format.
1. Select the cells you want to remove trailing zeros after decimal point, right click to select Format Cells from the context menu.
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, select Custom from Category list box, then type 0.### into the Type textbox in right section.
3. Click OK.
If you want to remove same number of trailing zeros from numbers, you can apply a formula to solve it.
Select a adjacent cell to the number you use, type this formula =LEFT(D1,LEN(D1)-3)*1, D1 is the cell you will remove trailing zeros from, 3 is the number or zeros you want to remove. Then drag fill handle over the cells to apply this formula.
If you want to remove leading zeros, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Remove Leading Zeros utility to remove all leading zeros at one click.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!