How to remove trailing zeros from number in Excel?
In this tutorial, I introduce the methods on removing trailing zeros after decimal or the same number of trailing zeros in cells as below screenshots shown.
|Remove trailing zeros after decimal point||Remove same number of traling zeros from numbers|
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 45-day trial of Office Tab!
To remove the trailing zeros after decimal point, you can format the cells to a custom format.
1. Select the cells you want to remove trailing zeros after decimal point, right click to select Format Cells from the context menu.
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, select Custom from Category list box, then type 0.### into the Type textbox in right section.
3. Click OK.
If you want to remove same number of trailing zeros from numbers, you can apply a formula to solve it.
Select a adjacent cell to the number you use, type this formula =LEFT(D1,LEN(D1)-3)*1, D1 is the cell you will remove trailing zeros from, 3 is the number or zeros you want to remove. Then drag fill handle over the cells to apply this formula.
If you want to remove leading zeros, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Remove Leading Zeros utility to remove all leading zeros at one click.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 200 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...