How to batch convert multiple Excel files to CSV files in Excel?
In Excel, we can convert the workbook to CSV file with the Save as function, but could you know how to batch convert multiple Excel files to separate CSV files? In this article, I introduce a VBA code to batch convert all Excel files in a folder to CSV files in Excel.
In Excel, there is no built-in function can solve this job quickly except VBA.
1. Enable Excel, and press Alt + F11 keys open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module to create a new Module.
3. Copy below code and paste them to the new Module window.
VBA: Batch convert Excel files to CSV
Sub WorkbooksSaveAsCsvToFolder() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20181031 Dim xObjWB As Workbook Dim xObjWS As Worksheet Dim xStrEFPath As String Dim xStrEFFile As String Dim xObjFD As FileDialog Dim xObjSFD As FileDialog Dim xStrSPath As String Dim xStrCSVFName As String Dim xS As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.EnableEvents = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Application.DisplayAlerts = False On Error Resume Next Set xObjFD = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) xObjFD.AllowMultiSelect = False xObjFD.Title = "Kutools for Excel - Select a folder which contains Excel files" If xObjFD.Show <> -1 Then Exit Sub xStrEFPath = xObjFD.SelectedItems(1) & "\" Set xObjSFD = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) xObjSFD.AllowMultiSelect = False xObjSFD.Title = "Kutools for Excel - Select a folder to locate CSV files" If xObjSFD.Show <> -1 Then Exit Sub xStrSPath = xObjSFD.SelectedItems(1) & "\" xStrEFFile = Dir(xStrEFPath & "*.xls*") Do While xStrEFFile <> "" xS = xStrEFPath & xStrEFFile Set xObjWB = Application.Workbooks.Open(xS) xStrCSVFName = xStrSPath & Left(xStrEFFile, InStr(1, xStrEFFile, ".") - 1) & ".csv" xObjWB.SaveAs Filename:=xStrCSVFName, FileFormat:=xlCSV xObjWB.Close savechanges:=False xStrEFFile = Dir Loop Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic Application.EnableEvents = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True Application.DisplayAlerts = True End Sub
4. Press F5 key, select the folder contains the Excel files you want to convert to CSV files in first popping dialog.
5. Click OK, then in the second popping dialog, select the folder to place the CSV files.
6. Click OK, now the Excel files in the folder have been converted to CSV files and saved in another folder.
As we known, we only can convert the whole workbook into one CSV file in Excel with its Save As function. But in some times, you want to convert the single sheet into CSV file, in this case, the Split Workbook utility of Kutools for Excel can help you.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!