How to fill a default value if cell is blank in Excel?
In this article, I introduce some methods on filling a default value if the relative cells or cells in the range are blank in Excel.
Fill blank cells based on above/below or a specific default cell as you need in Excel sheet
|In Excel, you many need to fill the blank cells with the above or below value, or a fixed value you want. normally, you can drag fiil handle or type one by one to fill the cells manually. However, the Kutools for Excel's Fill Blank Cells can quickly handle the job as below screenshot shown. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
If there are two columns, column B is refer to column A，how can you fill a default value while cell in column A is blank?
Type this formula
in column B which you want to get the value from column A, A1 is the cell you refer to, drag fill handle over cells to apply this formula.
The Find and Replace function can replace all blank cells with a new value as you need.
1. Select the cells you use, press Ctrl + H to enable Find and Replace dialog.
2. In Find what textbox, enter nothing, in Replace with textbox, type the value you use to display in blank cells.
3. Click Replace All > OK, now all blank cells have been filled with the value you need.
With the Go To Special function, you also can find all blank cells firstly, then enter the value as you need.
1. Select the range you use, press Ctrl + G to open Go To dialog, click Special.
2. In the Go To Special dialog, check Blanks option. Click OK.
3. The blank cells have been selected, type the value you want, press Ctrl + Enter to fill in all selected blank cells.
If you want to fill blank cells with value above or below or a specific value in Excel, the Fill Blank Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can do you a favor.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 200 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
2. In the Fill Blank Cells dialog, choose the options as you need.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 45-day trial of Office Tab!