How to fill a default value if cell is blank in Excel?
In this article, I introduce some methods on filling a default value if the relative cells or cells in the range are blank in Excel.
If there are two columns, column B is refer to column A，how can you fill a default value while cell in column A is blank?
Type this formula
in column B which you want to get the value from column A, A1 is the cell you refer to, drag fill handle over cells to apply this formula.
The Find and Replace function can replace all blank cells with a new value as you need.
1. Select the cells you use, press Ctrl + H to enable Find and Replace dialog.
2. In Find what textbox, enter nothing, in Replace with textbox, type the value you use to display in blank cells.
3. Click Replace All > OK, now all blank cells have been filled with the value you need.
With the Go To Special function, you also can find all blank cells firstly, then enter the value as you need.
1. Select the range you use, press Ctrl + G to open Go To dialog, click Special.
2. In the Go To Special dialog, check Blanks option. Click OK.
3. The blank cells have been selected, type the value you want, press Ctrl + Enter to fill in all selected blank cells.
If you want to fill blank cells with value above or below or a specific value in Excel, the Fill Blank Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can do you a favor.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
2. In the Fill Blank Cells dialog, choose the options as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!