How to get the list of last or current opened Excel files?
This article will introduce the methods on quickly getting the list of last or current opened Excel files for you.
- Get the list of last opened Excel workbooks
- Get the list of current opened Excel workbooks
- Other relatived articles (operations) about worksheet
To get the list of last opened Excel workbooks, you only need to go to the Open section in Excel. Enable Excel, click File > Open > Recent (or Recent Workbooks), then all the last opened workbooks have been listed.
If you have opened multiple workbooks at a time, you may want to get the list of the names of these opening workbooks. In Excel, there is no built-in function that can handle this job, but with Kutools for Excel – a professional Excel add-in, its Navigation Pane will list all opened workbooks.
After free installing Kutools for Excel (60-day free trial), please do as below steps.
1. Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation Pane.
2. Then in the popped Navigation pane, click Workbook & Sheet icon, then all current opened workbooks have been listed.
Also, it can list all sheets of the current workbook and allows you to toggle between workbooks or sheets. Click here to know more.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!