How to get the list of last or current opened Excel files?
This article will introduce the methods on quickly getting the list of last or current opened Excel files for you.
Get the list of last opened Excel workbooks
To get the list of last opened Excel workbooks, you only need to go to the Open section in Excel. Enable Excel, click File > Open > Recent (or Recent Workbooks), then all the last opened workbooks have been listed.
Get the list of current opened Excel workbooks
If you have opened multiple workbooks at a time, you may want to get the list of the names of these opening workbooks. In Excel, there is no built-in function that can handle this job, but with Kutools for Excel – a professional Excel add-in, its Navigation Pane will list all opened workbooks.
After free installing Kutools for Excel (60-day free trial), please do as below steps.
1. Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation Pane.
2. Then in the popped Navigation pane, click Workbook & Sheet icon, then all current opened workbooks have been listed.
Also, it can list all sheets of the current workbook and allows you to toggle between workbooks or sheets. Click here to know more.
Other Operations (Articles) Related To Worksheet
Search in multiple sheets or workbooks
Usually, you can use the Find and Replace function to find a word in a sheet or workbook, but in this artcile, it provides various methods on search a value across sheets and workbooks.
Compare two worksheet
In this article, it provides the methods on comparing two sheets in same workbook or different workbooks, listing the differences between two sheets, or highlighting the differences between two sheets.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!