How to create dynamic hyperlink based on specific cell value in Excel?
Supposing you have a table in a worksheet is named “Summary”, and you want to create dynamic hyperlink in another worksheet that is linked to the cell value in the table, how can you do? The method in this article will help to solve the problem in detail.
Take the below screenshot as an example, there is a drop-down list in current worksheet containing all names in column B of the worksheet “Summary”. We need to create a dynamic hyperlink in B3, when selecting a name from the drop-down list, click the hyperlink in B3 will jump to that name cell in worksheet “Summary” immediately.
1. Select a blank cell (here B3) to place the hyperlink, copy and paste the below formula into it and press the Enter key.
- Summary!B2:B32 means that the dynamic hyperlink will be linked to any cell in range B2:B32 of the worksheet named “Summary”.
- A3 is the cell containing the value you will create dynamic hyperlink based on.
- “Jump to the data cell” are the displayed texts of the hyperlink cell. Please change them as you need.
From now on, when selecting a name in the drop-down list, and click the hyperlink cell, you can quickly jump to that name cell in the specific worksheet immediately. See the below demo:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!