How to convert decimal to percentage in Excel?
As you know, there are various kinds of number formats in Excel, such as general number, currency, accounting, percentages, etc. But how to convert a general decimal number to a percentage number in Excel? This article introduces three solutions for you.
- Convert decimal numbers to percentages with Number Format
- Convert decimal numbers to percentages with Format Cells
- Convert decimal numbers to percentages with a cool tool
- More articles about number formatting (date, time, percentage, custom format, etc)...
You can easily convert decimal numbers to percentages in bulk with changing the Number Format in Excel Ribbon directly.
Select the decimal numbers, and click Home > Number Format > Percentage.
Now all selected decimal numbers are converted to percentages in bulk. See screenshot:
You can also change decimal numbers to percentages with the Format Cells feature easily in Excel.
1. Select the decimal numbers, right click, and select Format Cells in the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, go to the Number tab, select Percentage in the Category list box, and specify the decimal places as you need.
3. Click the OK button.
Now all selected decimal numbers are converted to percentages with certain number of decimal places. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can convert multiple decimal numbers to percentages without multiplying 100 in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the decimal numbers, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text.
2. In the Add Text dialog, type % in the Text box, check the After last character option, and click the Ok button.
Now you will see all selected decimal numbers are converted to percentage directly without multiple 100. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!