7 easy ways to insert delta symbol in Excel
Sometimes, you may want to insert the delta symbol Δ while you are stating data in Excel. But how can you quickly insert the delta symbol in an Excel cell? In this tutorial, it provides 7 easy ways for inserting the delta symbol.
Place the cursor at the cell where you want to insert the delta symbol, hold Alt key, then press 30 in the number board.
If you usually use the delta symbol and cannot remember the shortcuts, you can add the delta symbol as an AutoText, which you can insert it in anywhere anytime.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Using the shortcuts to insert a delta symbol. then click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation pane, click Auto Text button to activate the AutoText section.
2. Then select the inserted delta symbol, click Add button, a dialog named New AutoText pops out, give this auto text a name and group it as you need.
3. Click Add to add it to the AutoText pane. Now while you need to insert this symbol, just place the cursor at the cell, then click at this symbol in the AutoText pane.
Type D into a cell where you want to insert the delta symbol, and select the entered D. See screenshot:
Then choose Symbol from the Font drop-down list under Home tab.
Place the cursor at the cell where you want to insert the delta symbol, click Insert > Symbol to display the Symbol dialog.
In the Symbol dialog, select Calibri from the Font drop-down list, choose Greek and Coptic from Subset drop-down list, then, select the delta symbol.
Click Insert button, then the delta symbol has been inserted to the cell.
into the cell that you want to insert the delta symbol, press Enter key.
Then select this formula cell, choose Wingdings 3 from the Font drop-down list under Home tab.
1. Firstly, you need to insert a delta symbol in a cell, you can insert the delta symbol by the shortcuts or the Symbol dialog.
2. Copy the inserted delta symbol, then click File > Options to enable the Excel Options dialog.
3. In the Excel Options dialog, click Proofing in the left bar, and then click the AutoCorrect Options button to open the AutoCorrect dialog.
4. Then in the AutoCorrect dialog, in the Replace textbox, type a text you want to indicate the delta symbol, then paste the delta symbol into the textbox under With.
5. Click OK buttons successively to save the settings. When you type deltaS into the cell, it will be auto corrected to the delta symbol.
If you want to format the cell as below screenshot shown, do as below steps:
1. Select the cells that you want to add delta symbols, right click to display the context menu, and choose Format Cells.
2. In the Format Cells dialog, click Custom under Number tab, then copy and paste General Δ string into the textbox under Type.
3. Click OK, now when you type a number into the selected cells, it will be automatically add a delta symbol behind the entered number.