How to check if the email address is valid or not in Excel?
Supposing, I have a list of tasks with start date and end date, now, I want to calculate the percentage of completion of the task based on today’s date as the following screenshot shown. How could you solve this job in Excel?
To check if the Email address is valid or invalid, you should apply the following formula.
1. Please enter or copy the below formula into a blank cell where you want to return the checking result:
2. Then, drag the fill handle down to apply this formula to other cells. You will get the following results, TRUE is indicated the Email is valid, and FALSE is invalid.
More relative articles:
- Validate Email Addresses In A Column Of Worksheet
- As we all known, a valid email address is composed of three parts, the user name, the "at symbol" (@), and the domain. Sometimes, you just allow others to enter only the email address format text into a specific column of worksheet. Is it possible to achieve this task in Excel?
- Extract Email Address From Text String
- When you import some email addresses form Website to Excel worksheet, there always contains irrelevant text, but now you just want to extract the pure email addresses from the text string (see following screenshots). How could you quickly only get the email addresses from the cell text?
- Separate Email Addresses To Username And Domain
- If there is a list of email addresses in Excel, you may need to separate the email addresses into two columns, one contains usernames, and the other contains the domains as below screenshot shown. This article will introduce some tricks on solving this job easily and quickly.
- Convert Multiple Email Addresses To Hyperlinks
- If you have a list of plain text email addresses in a worksheet, and now, you want to convert theses email addresses to hyperlinks that you can send emails while clicking the addresses. Of course, you can convert them to hyperlinked email addresses, but, this method will be boring if there are multiple addresses needed to be converted. In this article, I will talk about some good tricks to deal with this task.