Only allow texts that start or end with certain characters in cells
Please do as follows to only allow texts that start or end with certain characters in cells in Excel.
1. Select the range of cells that you only allow texts that start or end with certain characters.
2. Click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation. See screenshot:
3. In the Data Validation dialog box, please configure as follows.
3.1 Select Custom from the Allow drop-down list;
3.2 For allowing texts that start with certain characters, please copy the below formula into the Formula box;
And for allowing texts that end with certain characters, please copy the below formula into the Formula box;
3.3 Click the OK button.
1. In the formulas, A2 is the first cell of the selected range; 3 is the number of characters you specified, KTE is the start or end text.
2. These two formulas are case-sensitive.
3. If you don’t need case-sensitive, please apply the below CONTIF formulas:
Only allow texts that start with KTE in a range of cells
Only allow texts that end with KTE in a range of cells
4. And then, click OK button. From now on, only the text string begins or ends with the centain characters you specified can be entered into the selected cells.
Allow only date format in specific cells How could you restrict a list of cells to only allow entering date format in Excel worksheet? In this article, we will talk about some interesting tricks for dealing with this job.
Validate email addresses in a column of worksheet As we all known, a valid email address is composed of three parts, the user name, the "at symbol" (@), and the domain. Sometimes, you just allow others to enter only the email address format text into a specific column of worksheet. Methods in this article will make it possible to achieve in Excel.
Apply data validation to force phone number format in Excel May be, there are various phone number formats can be used when typing into the Excel workbook. But, how could you only allow one phone number format to be entered in a column of worksheet? For example, I just want the phone number as this format 123-456-7890 to be allowed entering. The methods in this article will do you a favor.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.