How to list all Excel file’s properties in a sheet?
In this article, I introduce a VBA code to list all properties of the active workbook in a sheet.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code to the blank module.
VBA: List all properties
Dim xWB As Workbook
Dim xF As Long
Dim xStr As String
Dim xWSh As Worksheet
On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
xStr = "Workbook Properties"
Set xWB = Application.ActiveWorkbook
Set xWSh = xWB.Worksheets.Item(xStr)
If Not xWSh Is Nothing Then
Set xWSh = xWB.Worksheets.Add
xWSh.Name = xStr
xWSh.Range("A1").Value = "Property"
xWSh.Range("B1").Value = "Value"
For xF = 1 To .BuiltinDocumentProperties.Count
xWSh.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = _
xWSh.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(0, 1).Value = _
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
3. Press F5 key to run the code, a new sheet named Workbook Properties has been created in the front of the active sheet, which lists all properties of the active workbook.
Other Operations (Articles)
Disable add-ins at Excel startup
You may have installed some add-ins in your Microsoft Excel, but now you need to disable a specified add-in at Excel startup. How to solve this problem? Method in this article can help you.
A VBA code to list all add ins in Excel
In Excel, you may add or insert some add ins for better dealing with data. As we know, we can go to the Options window to view all add ins, but is there any way to list all add ins in a sheet?
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns and Keeping Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows and Sum/Average... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Favorite and Quickly Insert Formulas, Ranges, Charts and Pictures; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- Pivot Table Grouping by week number, day of week and more... Show Unlocked, Locked Cells by different colors; Highlight Cells That Have Formula/Name...
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!