How to return multiple matching values based on one or multiple criteria in Excel?
Normally, lookup a specific value and return the matching item is easy for most of us by using the VLOOKUP function. But, have you ever tried to return multiple matching values based on one or more criteria as following screenshot shown? In this article, I will introduce some formulas for solving this complex task in Excel.
For example, I want to extract all names whose age is 28 and come from United States, please apply the following formula:
1. Copy or enter the below formula into a blank cell where you want to locate the result:
Note: In the above formula, B2:B11 is the column that the matching value is returned from; F2, C2:C11 are the first condition and the column data which contains the first condition; G2, D2:D11 are the second condition and the column data which contains this condition, please change them to your need.
2. Then, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to get the first matching result, and then select the first formula cell and drag the fill handle down to the cells until error value is displayed, now, all matching values are returned as below screenshot shown:
Tips: If you just need to return all the matching values based on one condition, please apply the below array formula:
More relative articles:
- Return Multiple Lookup Values In One Comma Separated Cell
- In Excel, we can apply the VLOOKUP function to return the first matched value from a table cells, but, sometimes, we need to extract all matching values and then separated by a specific delimiter, such as comma, dash, etc… into a single cell as following screenshot shown. How could we get and return multiple lookup values in one comma separated cell in Excel?
- Vlookup And Return Multiple Matching Values At Once In Google Sheet
- The normal Vlookup function in Google sheet can help you to find and return the first matching value based on a given data. But, sometimes, you may need to vlookup and return all matching values as following screenshot shown. Do you have any good and easy ways to solve this task in Google sheet?
- Vlookup And Return Multiple Values From Drop Down List
- In Excel, how could you vlookup and return multiple corresponding values from a drop down list, which means when you choose one item from the drop down list, all of its relative values are displayed at once as following screenshot shown. This article, I will introduce the solution step by step.
- Vlookup And Return Multiple Values Vertically In Excel
- Normally, you can use the Vlookup function to get the first corresponding value, but, sometimes, you want to return all matching records based on a specific criterion. This article, I will talk about how to vlookup and return all matching values vertically, horizontally or into one single cell.
- Vlookup And Return Matching Data Between Two Values In Excel
- In Excel, we can apply the normal Vlookup function to get the corresponding value based on a given data. But, sometimes, we want to vlookup and return the matching value between two values as the following screenshot shown, how could you deal with this task in Excel?